How often might Knoxville area patients need crown replacements?
Dental crowns are common general dentistry restorations. They play an important part in repairing areas of decay and breakage, and can also be used to restore dental implants that are placed to address missing teeth. These restorations are used by Dr. Pablo Foncea of Sequoyah Dental Arts in Knoxville in many situations. Crowns may be used to:
- Cover areas of imperfections such as staining on the rear teeth
- Protect natural teeth that have been broken or traumatized, affecting the integrity of the tooth’s structure
- Maintain the tooth’s structure after root canal therapy
- Add valuable protection and strength to a tooth after large fillings have been placed
- Make a dental implant a beautiful part of the smile in a natural-looking manner
- Fuse to false teeth to fabricate a dental bridge
Porcelain crowns are extremely versatile and many patients love that they can address many issues at once.
Dr. Pablo Foncea uses porcelain to create crowns as this is a strong and beautiful material commonly used in aesthetic treatments to the smile. Although strong, it is not indestructible, and there may be times in which patients may require crown replacements. Crowns can crack and break, but if they do, the natural tooth is still protected—which means the crown is still doing its job. Dr. Pablo Foncea can easily replace these crowns by taking impressions and fabricated new ones for placement. Bonding the new one in place is done during a simple visit and allows patients to have a brand new crown for protection. The entire process is rather simple but does take some time as an outside laboratory needs to fabricate the dental crown before it can be placed in the smile.
At Sequoyah Dental Arts, we believe in providing our area patients with some of the most beautiful, fully functional restorations such as dental crowns and help educate patients on how to care for them for the long haul. If interested in learning more about crowns and other restorations, contact Dr. Pablo Foncea today to schedule your visit.