How do Veneers Work?
Veneers work by covering the front of the teeth to improve their overall appearance. They can alter shape, size, length, and color. Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to staining and thus remain a beautiful looking solution for many years.
Veneers work on the following situations:
- Teeth that are permanently stained
- Teeth that have become worn down due to grinding or clenching
- Teeth that have cracked or broken due to decay or injury
- Teeth that have mild to moderate alignment issues
- Teeth with irregular shapes such as crevices or bulges
- Gaps between teeth
The veneers process begins with a consultation where patients can discuss their concerns and desired results. Once the decision has been made to move forward with veneers, they can be placed in two appointments in as little as two weeks.
Veneers are a conservative approach to dramatically enhancing the appearance of the smile. They are a stronger and more aesthetically appeasing than crowns and do not require extensive alteration of the natural tooth. With proper care porcelain veneers can be long lasting.