Benefits of using dental implants for missing teeth in Knoxville
Dr. Pablo Foncea and the team at Sequoyah Dental Arts of Knoxville offer a wide selection of treatments for men and women. Whether patients need treatment for dental concerns or they are seeking aesthetic options, they are welcome to learn more about what is available to them. This includes patients considering dental implants for missing teeth.
Dental implants are titanium posts used to replace one or more teeth. These posts are surgically placed into the bone of the jaw to give them the proper foundation for strength and stability. They are a ready alternative to dental bridges and dentures.
Many patients who visit Sequoyah Dental Arts want to know what the benefits of using dental implants may be.
- Longevity – these restorations are commonly known for lasting many years, typically a lifetime, with proper care.
- Success – placement of dental implants is highly successful with a very small chance of problems when done by a qualified dental professional.
- Value – since dental implants last several decades, they are a great option for those who are focused more on value than lower initial cost.
- Stability – restorations such as bridges and dentures do not have the same stability and strength as dental implants do.
- Hygiene – dental implants are easy to care for and can allow patients to maintain better oral hygiene.
- Functionality – because dental implants are placed in the bone of the jaw for stability, they function just like natural teeth.
- Appearance – when restored with a dental crown, denture, or bridge, dental implants look like the rest of the teeth within the smile for discreet restoration.
Patients who are the best candidates for dental implants are those with sufficient jawbone structure. Since dental implants depend on the bone for stability, it is important for there to be enough bone to hold the implant firmly in place. To determine candidacy, Dr. Pablo Foncea and his team will take x-rays to check the health and amount of bone available for successful implantation.
If you reside in or around the Knoxville area, contact us today at 865 973-9899 to find out more about the advantages of placing dental implants within the smile for appropriate restoration of function, beauty, and health.