Custom Dentures for better Health and a Confident Smile
Here at Sequoyah Dental Arts, our dentists see many patients who come in complaining about their dentures. Dentures that are uncomfortable and do not fit right can be a huge issue and negatively impact many facets of your everyday life. If you are missing teeth and seeking dentures, or if you already have dentures, but they are uncomfortable or ill-fitting, our dentists can help you find a solution. There are multiple types of dentures, but they all fall within two categories: removable or implant-supported. All forms of dentures offer benefits based on the patient’s needs.
Finding dentures you love can be life-changing. When you have missing teeth, it will undoubtedly impact your life and how you live it. Not only will certain actions become more complex, but they could also affect your confidence. Many of our patients tell us that they wish they had not settled for cheap and fast denture options in the past. They are amazed when we tell them about the sturdy, custom dentures made available at our Knoxville, Tennessee office. Our dentists take great satisfaction in the positive lifestyle change they can help patients make through custom-made dentures.
What We Offer
Many dental offices offer generic dentures which do not fit right and are uncomfortable. When you visit our dental practice, we will consider your facial aesthetics so that a custom-made denture can be crafted which is designed specifically for your mouth. Aspects that are taken into consideration include:
- Your bite
- The height and width of your smile
- The shape of your face
- The color, texture, and tooth position of the patient
Your dentist will evaluate before making any decisions so that your new dentures will fit perfectly and comfortably.
Types of Dentures
While all dentures provided by us will be custom-fit, there are different types of dentures that our patients are interested in based on their individual needs.
When a patient visits us looking only to replace certain teeth, but not all, a partial denture could be considered. Partial dentures can be removable or fixed. Removable partial dentures will be held in place by clasps. In contrast, a fixed partial denture will be connected more permanently to the teeth on either side of the partial denture and will not be removable except by a dentist.
A complete denture replaces all the teeth on your top or bottom arch or both arches. A custom-made complete denture can either be crafted to rest on your gums or can be implant-supported. Non-implant supported, full dentures are removable and must be cleaned at the end of every day.
Implant Supported Dentures
An implant-supported denture connects to previously placed dental implants. Typically, four implants will be needed for a secure attachment. If you do not already have dental implants, you will need to consult your dentist on the next steps for receiving those. Once your implants have healed and your dentures created, they will snap onto the implants for a very secure and comfortable fit.
Benefits Of Custom Made Dentures
When you choose a custom-made denture from us, you will be able to enjoy some incredible benefits, which include:
- Better oral health: When a denture fits securely and comfortably, you do not need to worry about the development of sores. You will also be able to maintain a youthful facial structure.
- Restored self-confidence: When you have a set of dentures that are natural in appearance and allow you to smile, speak, and chew properly, you will feel an immediate boost in self-confidence.
- Lower cost: Because a custom-made denture is specialized for you, there will be fewer needs for adjustment or repair compared to a one size fits all option.
If you are ready to learn more about the custom-made dentures offered by Sequoyah Dental Arts, please schedule an appointment with our Knoxville office by calling 865 973-9899.
Do you offer dentures?
At Sequoyah Dental Arts, we make fantastic custom dentures.
How are dentures made?
We use a lab that excels in making natural lifelike dentures, in fact, they are just amazing. What really sets us apart is the time we spend, making them fit that person’s face. There is an art to getting a smile to blend in naturally. We take the steps to make sure that happens.
The change when it is done correctly is huge and significant but yet we want to blend it to look natural.
Do dentures change your appearance?
In many cases, it takes years off the appearance. Old dentures make people look old, but a new smile can just rejuvenate that person’s look.
This is definitely one of our favorite smile makeover solutions here at Sequoyah Dental Arts.
Visit Dr. Foncea’s dental office today and get a chance to transform your life in more ways than one.
Call on 865 973-9899
Dentures are made from a plastic resin that matches the color of natural gums. Prosthetic teeth project from the base are designed to look and function like your natural teeth. It is important for dentures to fit properly, both for your personal comfort and to ensure that they are stable when you are wearing them. It may take some time to get used to eating and talking while wearing dentures, but eventually, the muscles, nerves, and ligaments in your mouth adjust, allowing you to resume life as usual.
There are many types of dentures, and your dentist will help you determine which kind best suits your individual needs.
Types of full dentures include:
- Immediate Dentures – These are usually temporary and intended to help you adjust to wearing dentures. They do not fit as well as permanent dentures, but they do provide you with new teeth immediately after an extraction.
- Conventional Full Dentures – After a period of time, permanent conventional dentures can be crafted to look like your natural teeth, function properly, and conform to your mouth with near-perfect accuracy.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – To increase the stability of your dentures, it is possible to anchor them with the help of dental implants.
Types of partial dentures include:
- Transitional Partials – These removable plastic dentures temporarily replace your missing teeth while keeping your natural teeth spaced properly as you wait for your mouth to heal from an extraction.
- Removable Partials – These metal-based removable partials are lighter and less obtrusive than transitional partials. They are a little more expensive than plastic dentures but will fit better.
If you or a loved one has ever considered dentures, contact Sequoyah Dental Arts to schedule a consultation. We are experts at making sure your smile looks and feels great.