Innovative Dentistry in Knoxville, TN: Our office welcomes Botox®, your answer to facial wrinkles and pain!
Sequoyah Dental Arts is a state-of-the art practice. Led by Dr. Pablo Foncea, our office is not afraid to introduce innovative technologies and valuable products to Knoxville, TN area patients. In fact, Dr. Mariko McCall is trained to offer injectable aesthetic treatments, such as Botox®. This product is most famously used to treat the signs of aging. However, Botox® for dentistry has additional applications that transcend restoring a youthful appearance. So, Botox® at our office can help you by:
- Smoothing out the skin around the eyes (“crow’s feet”)
- Minimizing vertical frown lines and forehead wrinkles
- Relaxing muscles from clenching and Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) symptoms
Botox® is formulated with the botulinum toxin protein. As a category of products known as neuromodulators, Botox® is injected precisely into targeted points of the face. Once injected, the formulation blocks the neural transmitters that “tell” your muscles to contract. When your muscles don’t get that message, they remain relaxed. A muscle that remains relaxed cannot produce an expression line. Folds on the face, such as around the eyes, are caused by repeated behaviors like squinting.
When just the right amount of Botox® is administered to just the right points of the face, the resulting improvement looks natural. Wrinkles are softened in a targeted manner without affecting the transmitters that cause other muscles to contract. So, you don’t have to worry about your face looking “frozen” or unnatural post-treatment.
The benefits of Botox® at the dentist’s office
Botox® is a technique-specific procedure. Dentists like Dr. McCall have extensive knowledge of facial anatomy and the function of facial muscles. We are well-equipped to safely and predictably get the results that you desire. Furthermore, Dr. McCall has obtained advanced training in injectable products, including neuromodulators and dermal fillers (like Juvéderm). She learned from the best; internationally recognized plastic surgeon Dr. Arthur Swift and renowned anatomist Dr. Sebastian Cotofana. You have peace of mind that the health and appearance of your face is in excellent hands with Dr. McCall’s extensive training and knowledge.
Additionally, Botox® may be used to correct or alleviate other oral health-related problems, including:
- Symptoms of Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction; for instance, pain caused by the stress placed on the jaw joints from teeth-grinding)
- The effects of bruxism; overstressed jaw muscles (masseters) can become so bulked-up that facial shape is altered and can appear bulky or square
- The adjustment or transition to wearing dentures or orthodontic appliances; “retrains” facial muscles
Botox® at the dentist’s office is versatile and helpful for many different types of patients. We can:
- Soften lines that detract from your lovely smile
- Ease facial pain
- Restore attractive facial shape and balance
- Aid in adjusting to transformative oral and restorative appliance
You can achieve dramatic results in days. Treatment is non-invasive. It doesn’t require time off work or demands on your body for healing. For more details about Botox®, schedule your consultation. Contact us today at 865 973-9899.