Replace multiple missing teeth with implant-supported dentures in Knoxville, TN
Drs. Foncea and McCall of Sequoyah Dental Arts understand how difficult it can be to deal with one or more missing teeth. Not only is it unsightly, but it can impact eating and speaking efficiency, while causing bone loss (resorption). If you are interested in solutions to replace missing teeth, especially multiple teeth, and live in the area of Knoxville, TN, we encourage you to book an appointment with our staff to learn more about implant-supported dentures.
What are implant-supported dentures?
Implant-supported dentures, sometimes referred to as implant-retained dentures, replace an entire arch of teeth while using several dental implants to keep a custom denture in place. Drs. Foncea and McCall find that this is the best way to restore the smile after complete tooth loss or extraction and eliminates the need for unreliable dentures. They also help in retaining bone and eliminating the sunken-in appearance that can happen for long-term denture wearers.
Who is a candidate?
Because these dentures require the placement of dental implants, patients should have enough bone to properly support the implants. X-rays help our dental team assess a patient to determine candidacy, and then discuss possible alternatives. Patients who are serious about implant-supported dentures can ask about bone grafting procedures to prepare the area for future placement.
What are the benefits of implant-supported dentures?
There are many reasons why patients come to the team at Sequoyah Dental Arts asking about implant-supported dentures. These restorations are:
- Perfect for maintaining bone
- Better functioning than full dentures alone
- Strong and durable
- Highly desirable
Patients love the ability to design their new smile and enjoy a restoration that does not require continued use of messy denture adhesives. We encourage patients to come to our practice to find out if they are a candidate for implant-supported dentures.
What can I expect during the process of obtaining implant-supported dentures for replacing missing teeth?
Drs. Foncea and McCall of Sequoyah Dental Arts will speak with patients about the entire process of obtaining these restorations. The following steps are necessary:
- Consultation – first, patients need to book a preliminary exam with our dentist, which includes an evaluation to determine if a patient is a candidate for implant-supported dentures
- Preparation – if existing teeth need to be extracted, this is scheduled
- Impressions – impressions are made of the gum ridge to ensure a proper fit and to create the final denture
- Placement of implants – during oral surgery, several implants are placed precisely along the dental arch to act as the foundation for the denture to snap into place
- Placement of denture – once the implants are firmly in the foundation of the jaw, the final dentures are placed over the implants for the finished look
Request a visit today
Knoxville, TN area patients ready to speak to a provider at Sequoyah Dental Arts about the advantages of implant-supported dentures are welcome to call the office at 865 973-9899 to request an appointment. Our team provides patients with solutions for missing teeth, including permanent options with optimum results using implant-supported dentures.
Share this article
Back to Dental Implants Page