Dentist in Knoxville explains everything you want to know about cosmetic dentistry
If you have something you don’t like about your smile, you are not alone. Almost everyone has imperfections in their teeth, but fortunately, there has never been a better time to take the steps towards that beautiful, dazzling smile you have dreamed about. Cosmetic dentistry advances have made it easier and more affordable to transform your smile. Below, Dr. Pablo Foncea, dentist at Sequoyah Dental Arts in Knoxville, TN, explains everything you want to know about cosmetic dentistry.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Simply put, cosmetic dentistry is the wide array of dental procedures that can be done to improve the aesthetic appearance of your teeth and smile. The benefits of enhancing your smile can be dramatic: when you are confident in your smile, it can translate into greater opportunities in your work and social life and can even make you look years younger!
Cosmetic dentistry procedures are not necessarily done to enhance the health of your teeth or gums, but some treatments can improve your oral health along the way. For example, if you straighten your teeth through Invisalign, it will make it easier for you to keep every surface of your teeth clean and reduce your chances of dental decay. Similarly, filling in a chip or crack in your tooth can help prevent bacteria from infiltrating under the surface of the tooth.
Types of issues that cosmetic dentistry can correct
Any issue you have with your smile can be corrected. There is no problem too big – or too small! One of the best parts about today’s cosmetic dental treatments are that they are all highly customizable to give patients the results they want. Whether you are seeking a total smile makeover or simply want to fix one small issue, there are options for you. Cosmetic dentistry may be a great fit if you have:
- Yellowed or discolored teeth, or permanent stains
- Chips or cracks in your teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps in your teeth
- Teeth that are too short or misshapen in comparison to others
Common cosmetic dentistry procedures
There are several cosmetic dentistry procedures available – some are very targeted treatments, whereas others can treat multiple issues at once. After consulting with patients about what they’d like to change about their smile and their desired results, Dr. Foncea uses the perfect combination of artistry and experience to help patients choose the right cosmetic dentistry procedure for their goals.
Common cosmetic dentistry treatments we perform at Sequoyah Dental Arts include:
- Tooth whitening: One of the easiest and quickest ways to transform your smile, professional teeth whitening can take your smile to the next level; we offer both in-office and take-home whitening options to suit a range of patient preferences
- Porcelain veneers: These thin, custom-made porcelain shells are placed on your teeth to hide a variety of imperfections, from permanently stained teeth to gaps or crooked teeth; they are strong, stain-resistant, and make your smile look radiant and symmetrical
- Dental bonding: Using a tooth-colored, sturdy material, Dr. Foncea can repair teeth that have been damaged with chips or cracks or that have stubborn discolorations; this is one of the easiest and most economical cosmetic treatments and provides instant results
- Invisalign: For patients who have mild tooth misalignment or bite issues, such as a mild overbite, Invisalign can be a terrific option for getting straight, beautiful teeth; with clear aligners that progressively straighten your teeth, you can achieve the smile you’ve always wanted without the metal
Are cosmetic dentistry procedures painful?
There is no need to worry about pain when you are getting cosmetic dental procedures done at Sequoyah Dental Arts. Many dental treatments are naturally painless, and when needed to keep you comfortable, we use effective anesthetics so you can sit in the dental chair pain-free.
How do I learn more?
Even if you are just considering the idea of enhancing your smile, we encourage you to schedule a personalized consultation at Sequoyah Dental Arts to learn more about the options available for your specific cosmetic goals. We love helping patients transform their smiles – there is nothing quite like seeing the boost in self-confidence our patients get when they see their beautiful new smiles. Call our Knoxville, TN office at 865 973-9899 today!
Share this article
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page